Articles, conference papers and reports will be listed here as the project progresses.
- Kässi, O. & Lehdonvirta, V. (2016) Online Labour Index: Measuring the Online Gig Economy for Policy and Research. Paper presented at Internet, Politics & Policy 2016, Oxford, UK, 22-23 September. http://ilabour.oii.ox.ac.uk/online-labour-index/
- Kässi, O. and Lehdonvirta, V. (2016) Building the Online Labour Index: A Tool for Policy and Research. Paper presented at the CSCW 2016 workshop on The Future of Platforms as Sites of Work, Collaboration and Trust, San Francisco, California, 27 February.
- Corporaal, G.F., & Lehdonvirta, V. (2017). Platform Sourcing: How Fortune 500 Firms are Adopting Online Freelancing Platforms. Oxford Internet Institute: Oxford.
The following list provides some background reading from previous projects.
- Corporaal, G.F., Ferguson, J., De Gilder, D., and Groenewegen, P. (2014). 10,000 Miles Across the Room? Emergent Coordination in Multiparty Collaboration. Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Collaboration Across Boundaries: Culture, Distance & Technology (CABS 2014), Kyoto, JP, August 20-22.
- Hosio, S., Goncalves, J., Lehdonvirta, V., Ferreira, D., and Kostakos, V. (2014) Situated Crowdsourcing Using a Market Model. Proceedings The ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST 2014), Hawaii, US, October 5-8.
- Kässi, O., Lehdonvirta, V., Graham, M., Barnard, H. and Hjorth, I. (2016) ”Not a Lot of People Know Where It Is”: Liabilities of Origin in Online Contract Work. Paper presented at the Collective Intelligence 2016 conference, New York, NY, 1 June.
- Lehdonvirta, V. (2016) Algorithms That Divide and Unite: Delocalization, Identity, and Collective Action in ‘Microwork’. In: J. Flecker (ed.), Space, Place and Global Digital Work. London: Palgrave-Macmillan.
- Lehdonvirta, V., Barnard, H., Graham, M., and Hjorth, I. (2014) Online labour markets – leveling the playing field for international service markets? Paper presented at the IPP2014: Crowdsourcing for Politics and Policy conference, University of Oxford, 25-26 September.
- Lehdonvirta, V. & Ernkvist, M. (2011) Knowledge Map of the Virtual Economy. Washington DC: World Bank.
- Lehdonvirta, V., Hjorth, I., Graham, M., & Barnard, H. (2015) Online Labour Markets and the Persistence of Personal Networks: Evidence From Workers in Southeast Asia. Paper presented at American Sociological Association Annual Meeting 2015, Chicago, August 22-25.
- Lehdonvirta, V., Ratan, R. A., Kennedy, T. L., and Williams, D. (2014) Pink and Blue Pixel$: Gender and Economic Disparity in Two Massive Online Games. The Information Society, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 243-255.
- Wood A.J (2016) Flexible Scheduling, the degradation of job quality and barriers to collective voice. Human Relations (forthcoming).
- Wood A.J (2015) Networks of injustice and worker mobilisation at Walmart. Industrial Relations Journal 46(4): 259–274. DOI: 10.1111/irj.12103
- Wood A.J and Burchell B.J (2015) Zero Hours Employment: A New Temporality of Capitalism? Reviews & Critical Commentary (CritCom), 16th September.